Co-hosted by the Development Policy Centre and the University of the South Pacific’s School of Accounting, Finance and Economics, Pacific Update is the premier forum for discussion of economic, social, political, and environmental issues in the region.
The 2023 Pacific Update is being held from Tuesday 13 – Thursday 15 June 2023 at The University of the South Pacific, Laucala Campus, Japan-Pacific ICT Centre
The event organisers are inviting researchers, policymakers, and development practitioners to submit proposals/papers. Potential topics include:
- Migration and labour mobility
- Human capital (education and health)
- Economic development and poverty reduction
- Labour markets and social protection
- Environment, natural resources, and climate change
- Gender equality and social inclusion
- Politics and governance (domestic, regional, or international)
The third day of Pacific Update will focus on research and policy developments in migration and labour mobility, within and beyond the Pacific region.
The deadline for proposals/papers is Monday 3 April 2023.
Find more information on the Call for Papers and the event here.