The Pacific Media Assistance Scheme (PACMAS) State of Media and Communication Study is designed to provide baseline measures on the key evaluation questions developed by PACMAS across four components:
• Media Policy and Legislation.
• Media and Communication Systems.
• Media Capacity Building.
• Media Content.
This report explores these four components through six strategic PACMAS activities:
• Technical and Vocational Education and Training.
• Pacific Emergency Broadcasting Systems.
• Pacific Communication Technicians.
• National Media and Communication Associations.
• Non-Communicable Diseases.
• Climate Change.
There are also individual reports for each of the 14 Pacific countries included in the study. Each country report provides basic background information, an overview of the media and communication landscape and discusses in detail media and communications technicians, emergency broadcast systems, Technical and Vocational Education and Training, media associations, climate change and Non-Communicable Diseases. Each report also highlights areas that are notable and/or illustrative of broader issues in the local or national communicative ecology.