This toolkit was developed through the project ‘From Gender Based Violence to Gender Justice and Healing’ implemented by the Nazareth Centre for Rehabilitation in the Autonomous Region of Bougainville. It is designed to be used by Women Human Rights Defenders and Male Advocates when they facilitate gender equality and human rights based learning initiatives at the community level.
The sessions are:
Module 1 – Human Rights
• Biblical understanding of human rights.
• Melanesian perspectives of human rights.
• History of human rights.
• The universal declaration of human rights.
• The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.
• The Convention on the Rights of the Child.
• Human rights – roles and responsibilities.
Module 2 – Gender Justice
• Gender justice – where do we stand?
• Standing alone, sitting together.
• Defining sex and gender.
• Discrimination against women, gender stereotypes, violence against women.
• Equal opportunities and gender justice.